Preserving your home, your neighborhood, and your wishes
What is a Beneficiary Deed?
A Beneficiary Deed is a document prepared by an attorney, signed by the owner(s) of the property, and recorded with the County, naming the person or organization that should own the property upon the current owner’s death.
What are the advantages of a Beneficiary Deed?
- Saves the new owners from the time and expense of having to go to probate court to get the house
- Homeowner continues to own the house for as long as they live
- Transfers title immediately upon the death of the homeowner to the person or organization named in the Beneficiary Deed
- Homeowner can change the beneficiary at any time through a new Beneficiary Deed
- Delivers peace of mind to the homeowner in knowing who will receive their property upon their death
Who should apply? Any homeowner age 60 or older living in Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri.